Of Pacquiao and Dela Hoya

I never really liked Manny Pacquiao... his consistent face on TV makes me wonder if this person is really a sports hero or a trying hard celebrity. I have seen trailers of his movies and his kissing with Ara Mina makes me squirm. However, as much as I do not want Pacman, I was amazed when I watched his fight earlier today with Oscar dela Hoya where he literally shattered his face into surrendering.

I hate Pacman, not because I dont like him however I feel that he is just so stupid to let these shady politicians get the best out of him. Use him in anyway they ca
n well I cannot do anything about it so I just pray that Pacman will be smart enough to know his boundaries and limits.

This is a again a very good day to Filipinos, where we have shown the world again that we can do this stuff, to take down stronger and bigger opponents. I'm sad though that our country's problem against corruption is a knockout in favor to the latter.

A lot of people say that Pacman is a hero, they (the politicians) would ride on to his popularity and would use him in their campaigns and other endorsements. These athletes receive words of appreciation from these "crocs". Again all they receive are words and no real assistance really trickle down to the members of our national team... and th
ey are wondering why the hell we do not win of the gold medals in the Olympic that our players coveted for so long.


I just pray that the inclusion of the Sports Department's
budget in the next year's budget would really reach the athletes.


CONGRATS AGAIN PACMAN.... We (well a lot of Filipinos) are really PROUD of you!!!

Comments

Popular Posts