Cosplaying as Mystogan from Fairy Tail

Hi again folks. I attended MTC 2012 or the Mindanao Toy Convention which was a gathering of Toys, video and card game enthusiast around Mindanao. This week long celebration happened at the atrium of Gaisano Mall of Davao and you can see displays of toys- from western animation (X-Men, MIB) to the far east (Miku Hatsune and other anime characters). I went to the event Friday and I took some pictures of toys (which I displayed on my FB account). 

It also has a blast the next day when some of our friends from TACOSEN, cosplayers from Tagum City joined the JPOP Dance contest. Some of the folks I know from the cosplay community were there and they participated in the competition. Our Group, MinATO (Mindanao Anime and Toys Organization) graced the event as we attended in costume. I dressed up as Durarara's Shizuo Heiwajima and I was introduced to a lot of people that i know I will be friends with. 

There was a cosplay competition that happened the next day, May 13th. We were all very excited with the Cosplay contest that it really took a lot of effort to be in the costume and not sit for 7 hours. I donned my new Mystogan outfit from Fairy Tail, which I got from Guilty Pleasure Online Shop, an online cosplay shop here in Davao City. Though the costume is a little pain in the ass (we need to fix it Matt), it was worth it. I have difficulties in moving and walking though, and the costume is kinda hot. I guess they used a very thick craft foam to make it look good. 

A lot of my MinATO family also joined the Cosplay contests and you would see all the pictures on my FB account. 

Here are some of my pics dressed up as Mystogan from Fairy Tail. 






Photos from my personal album: www.facebook.com/caelyohann

Comments

Anonymous said…
so nice ..galing mo ^_^ hmmn i also love anime.
i just wanted to join sana ;)) i still need a friend who's already had an experience . my problem is also the costume don't know where to buy ..

i'm kristine maea acosta just wanna be friends with you -.-
xoCIGARS.com said…
Just say to WOW!!! its amazing. Although I have collected some toys from PIJ, Now I am excited to collect this one ASAP. I love it very much. http://bit.ly/haatusunemiku
poetryandpotion said…
Hi Kristine, I think you need to look for people who could help you with the costume. You could start with simple characters and just go from there...
Anonymous said…
kuya cael. hello po. :D im cosplaying Mystogan this coming cosmania 2012. hihingi lang po ako ng advice about sa weapon.. pano nyo po ginawa yung dullhan eye. :) thanks po
Jerick Delgado said…
Wow Kuya Cael Nice Costume :DD Sarap sana mag cosplay kaso no experience and alam ko na mahirap yong costumes and then di ko alam kung saan mag bili o magrenta ... :DD pero magaling ka kuya cael HAHA :DD

Im Jerick Delgado
poetryandpotion said…
Hi Jerick...

Thanks sa complement... FB?

Popular Posts