In the Shadow of Secrets

Prologue: The Pit of Erebus. 


Darkness. I am surrounded by thick and suffocating darkness. Not just a simple absence of light, this feels like life is being sucked out of my body. And I am growing weak every minute, my spirit is exhausted and my soul is being slowly severed from my being... and I am slowly eaten by Darkness.

My mind raced to explain what is happening. I have no recollection how I got here and what is this place. The last thing I remembered, I was walking on my way back to my house (okay a boarding house) near Ateneo. I must have took a wrong turn in a street somewhere, I dont think that this is even Davao City.

It must have been a lifetime. I was still drifting in this eternal darkness, forever waiting for something that I dont even know will come. Am I waiting for death? for Salvation? i dont even know what's happening.

Then i heard a voice... "Powers of the Earth, gather! By this rune and by this sign I call on to thee. Remember the pact that has been made, by blood, by spirit, by the seal that binds us. Hear your child, protect us, O Great Ones. Untangle the chains that sealed the Fate of this Chosen..."

Then I saw chains of light speeding towards me, attaching themselves in my belly. The cold that I was feeling started to diminish. My body was filled with strength and my senses are returning... and then there was a pull. I felt the hardness of the asphalt road. Squinting, I tried to open my eyes and even though my vision is still blurred, I saw a silhouette of a woman, still on her knees, my head rested on her lap. I gazed upon her face, blinded by the light of the lamp post behind her.

"Welcome back to the world of the living. That Tamawo really did a job on you...."

And then I was claimed again, by darkness.


image from: http://www.free-hdwallpapers.com/wallpapers/abstract/558131.jpg





Comments

Popular Posts