Of Turning 40 and (a Lot) of First Times

 This is final. I would be turning FORTY (40!!!) years old in 4 months. As my "life begins", I was actually planning a grandiose trip of the English countryside (a plan made pre-COVID pandemic). However, with the this global catastrophe, we do not have a choice but to adapt. I have done a lot of things that I didn't really think about doing. 

First on the list was getting Stryx, the car 🚘. I initially do not have a plan to get a car, thinking of all the expenses in the maintenance, the monthly payment, getting a car loan from the bank, etc. It's that fear of having to pay a monthly due, an obligation which would really affect my budget. The pandemic, however became a trigger for me to take the leap. As the pandemic imposed a lot of traveling restrictions, I have to rely to friends with cars to do any local trips as commuting becomes near impossible. Once I have decided, the process for getting the car became relatively easy (with the help of a well placed spell - simple Bay leaf wishing spell). I decided to get a car on May 1st, and successfully brought Stryx home by June 4 (he arrived June 2nd in Davao).  Now, I am able to travel to Mati and Maragusan on a whim, if I feel it. This is a very big responsibility, yes, but it is also a good way of having freedom. 



The next first on my list is to get a tattoo. I am not really a fan of tattoos, since TBH, I find them unpleasant to look at (probably I see tattoos that are not really done well). Last August 13 (the Feast of the Lady of the Crossroads), I got a tattoo. The tattoo design I chose was Hekate's Wheel. - a sacred symbol, offered as a sign of devotion to the Goddess. I also chose the correct hourly correspondence, which was followed to the teeth by the artist - Hannah. I have planned to get a tattoo after I turn 40, however, I feel that this moment is the right time to get it, while I am still 39 years old. 


This blog entry is kinda short since I don't really have anything to write now. I still wish to do a lot more "Firsts" when I turn forty, like travel to England to do a pilgrimage at the seven Isles in Avalon. I might probably just travel to Japan 🇯🇵 , since it is also one of the countries to visit on my bucket list. Probably go and visit Vietnam since I haven't had a chance to do it last year. Hopefully though, I would be given a chance to visit Europe next year. 

I'll end this entry here.

Comments

Popular Posts