New 2022 Suzuki Jimny GLX - Getting to know Taiki!

The Suzuki Jimny is the smallest 4x4 SUV in the market. I have been dreaming of getting this car since forever and I only took the step to finally get this last March 2022. 

I own a 2021 Toyota Wigo (which I will be bringing home to Iloilo) as my first car, which of course has become a need since it is difficult to move around during this pandemic. However, using Stryx (the Wigo) to travel around Mindanao, I have observed that there are a lot of places and roads my hatchback can never go. There was one moment when we travelled to Maragusan via a short-cut in Mawab, which is a dirt road that cuts through the mountain. Stryx is not made for traveling around these challenging roads. It was then I decided that I need a vehicle that can take me anywhere I want to go, without the fear of getting stuck in mud, or get scratches while passing through dirt roads. 

Then I decided to get a Jimny. 

Last March 2022, I was adamant to get a Jimny. Since I was looking at the Jimny since before, I noticed that the price of the 4th generation Jimny has been going up since 2019 (and more than 100K/year). The new Jimny looks really cool (they say it’s a “baby” Mercedes G Wagon) and is a bit larger than the previous generation. It also has a very cool 2-Tone color option, which are the top of the line. It has a more modern design, but still pay homage to the classic Suzuki design since the 1st generation of the vehicle.

The 4th Generation Jimny has a new 1.5-liter 4-cylinder naturally aspirated gas engine good for 101hp and 138Nm of torque—a significant improvement over the 81hp and 110Nm numbers of the old 1.3-liter unit of the previous generation. The exterior is obviously improved, the interior is a still a mix of modern and classic design. The safety features are also upgraded, with the presence of rear cameras and sensors, equipped on the new Jimny. 


It still has the same 4x4 Offroad capability, and a 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic transmission that would take you anywhere you go. 

The moment I laid eyes on this SUV, I totally fell in love. Aside from the fact that you rarely see this running around the roads of Davao City, the off road capability is the one that attracted me to this vehicle. Since I am doing a lot of road trips with Stryx, the Jimny’s capabilities to go anywhere – city roads, highway, dirt road and muddy off road trails, is something that I was looking for a “long-term” car. I am also NOT a fan of big SUVs and cars since I am very particular with space (parking at home), Jimny’s size is just perfect for me. 

So here is my new 2022 Suzuki Jimny GLX/AT, 2-Tone in Kinetic Yellow the top of the line model and the “poster boy” of the Jimny line. I named it Taiki which means “Great Radiance”. 

If you're interested to get this amazing SUV, send me a message so I can hook you up with my dealer from Suzuki Lanang in Davao City. :D 









Comments

Popular Posts