The Visit to the Mystic Isle (Late Upload)

 This has been on my bucket list for the longest time, a visit to Isla del Fuego, during the Holy Week. This trip has been planned, but always put in the sidelines since the fare and the trip also costs a lot.

Let me share my journey.

April 1:

It was Palm Sunday. I started my trip in Iloilo City, I went home last April 1 and connected with my family. Had a great time with my sisters and parents, visited the cemetery where my ancestors are interned, visited some friends that were available to meet. I also went home to my mom's hometown and offered my prayers to the dead. 

April 3: 

It was early in the morning and I asked my father to drive me to the fastcraft wharf and bought a business-class ticket (P800+) to the island of Negros, in the city of Bacolod. I have lived in Bacolod for more than six months and I have a lot of great memories there. Upon arrival, I stayed in SM Bacolod and met some of practitioner friends. Went also to Mcdonald's Megaworld and waited for a friend, where I will stay for the night. 

April 4:

We left Bacolod City around 6AM and we traveled for almost six hours to the city of Dumaguete. Dumaguete is the place where I will ride the fastcraft, going to the island of Siquijor. I went to the port to purchase a ticket to Siquijor but the line was picking up already, since tourists (both local and foreign) are already arriving in the city to travel to either Siquijor or Bohol from Dumaguete.

April 5: 

Left the port of Dumaguete at 7AM. The fastcraft will travel from Dumaguete to Siquijor, then Siquijor to Tagbilaran and finally go to Cebu. The trip went smooth and the Oceanjet business class seats are comfy. I fell asleep during the journey, and the captain woke me up, asking me if I am alighting in Siquijor. 

The Siquijor trip is “Mystical” if you can say that. I stayed in a small ABnB, non-AC (since the room is already unavailable) and I also rented a single motorbike. During my stay, I visited a lot of places in the island - I visited the biggest balete tree (with the little fishies eating your callouses), visited some great beach resorts, the mystic mountain (during the Healing Festival), the cave (near the Healing Mountain) and bars.

During this trip, I bonded with friends that I haven’t seen for a long time. The “magical” moments will be posted soon. 













Comments

Popular Posts